Egg loaf is a keto favorite. Eggs have a strong protein to healthy fat ratio and contain vitamin D, selenium, and B vitamins for energy and sustenance.
PREP TIME 7 mins
COOK TIME 35 mins
MAKES 8 slices
SERVING SIZE 1 slice
8oz (225g) cream cheese, room temperature
8 large eggs, room temperature
1 tbsp gelatin powder
2 tbsp cold water
2 tbsp hot water
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp liquid stevia
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Set the air fryer temp to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the cream cheese and eggs, adding 1 egg at a time until the mixture is smooth and without any lumps. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the gelatin powder and cold water. Allow the mixture to rest for 3 minutes. Add the hot water and mix until the liquid is clear and fluid. There should be no lumps left.
4. Add the gelatin mixture to the egg mixture. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and liquid stevia. Mix well.
5. Coat an 8-inch (20cm) square pan with the olive oil. Pour the mixture into the pan.
6. Place the pan in the fryer basket and cook until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the fryer basket and allow the loaf to cool for 10 minutes. Slice into 8 slices before serving.
Tips If your eggs and cream cheese have just come out of the fridge, you can place them in warm water for 5 minutes to bring them up to room temperature quickly so you don’t have to wait too long. Store the cooked loaf in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
NUTRITION PER 1 SLICE:
2g NET CARBS
1g DIETARY FIBER