Why make regular bacon and eggs when you can turn them into ultra-portable muffins? This recipe is packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals.
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 15 mins
MAKES 6 muffins
SERVING SIZE 1 muffin
6 slices of bacon (2oz [60g])
4 large eggs
1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp water
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp onion flakes
½ tsp garlic powder (or 1 garlic clove, minced)
1. Set the air fryer temp to 400°F (200°C).
2. Place the bacon in the fryer basket and cook until browned but pliable, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon from the fryer basket.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, whipping cream, water, pepper, onion flakes, and garlic powder. Line each muffin liner with a slice of bacon and then fill each liner with the egg mixture.
4. Place the muffin liners in the fryer basket. Ensure they’re level and not squished from the sides. Cook until a fork poked into the side of an egg cup comes out clean, about 10 minutes. (Even though the top will look cooked, the underneath can sometimes take a little longer. If still uncooked, continue to cook in 1-minute intervals, checking for doneness each time.)
5. Transfer the muffin liners to a platter and allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips Don’t worry if the bacon goes over the sides of the muffin liners a little. This will give the bacon a little extra time to become super crisp. Store the muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
NUTRITION PER 1 MUFFIN:
1g NET CARBS
1g DIETARY FIBER