This fantastic breakfast is made easy with an air fryer. Packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, this frittata will keep you satisfied throughout your day.
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 20 mins
MAKES 1 frittata
SERVING SIZE ¼ frittata
¼ yellow onion, diced
4oz (120g) button mushrooms, sliced
2oz (60g) salted butter (about ½ stick)
2 cups baby spinach
4 large eggs
3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese, divided
1. Set the air fryer temp to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a high-sided baking dish, combine the onion, mushrooms, butter, and spinach.
3. Place the dish in the fryer basket and cook until the mushrooms have slightly wilted and the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes, stirring halfway through.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, garlic powder, paprika, and ½ cup of Cheddar cheese.
5. Remove the dish from the fryer basket and spread the vegetables evenly around the dish. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the top. Cover with the remaining ½ cup of Cheddar cheese.
6. Return the dish to the fryer basket and cook until all the eggs are cooked through on the sides and in the middle, about 20 minutes.
7. Remove the dish from the fryer basket and divide the frittata into 4 portions before serving.
Tips Use a knife or a skewer to check for doneness in the middle and on the edges of the frittata, as the top can cook faster than the bottom, especially if there’s limited air circulation around the dish. Store the cooked frittata in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
NUTRITION PER ¼ FRITTATA:
24g TOTAL FAT
4g NET CARBS
1g dietary fiber