Shrimp and chorizo are an absolutely wonderful combo. Adding a side of green beans will turn this recipe into a staple Sunday afternoon main meal.
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 10 mins
MAKES 4 skewers
SERVING SIZE 2 skewers + ½ the green beans
5oz (140g) chorizo
3oz (90g) shrimp (about 10), peeled and deveined
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
½ tsp dried parsley
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
5oz (140g) green beans, washed and trimmed
1. Set the air fryer temp to 350°F (175°C).
2. Cut the chorizo into 10 pieces, each about 1 inch [2.5cm] thick. Alternate threading an equal amount of the chorizo and shrimp on 4 skewers.
3. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Brush half the mixture on the skewers.
4. Place the green beans in the fryer basket and cover with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Shake the basket to coat. Place a skewer stand on top of the beans and place the skewers on the stand. Cook until the chorizo is slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
5. Remove the basket from the air fryer. Turn the skewers over and brush with the remaining olive oil mixture. Place the basket back in the air fryer and cook until the shrimp and chorizo are browned on both sides, about 5 minutes more.
6. Transfer the skewers and green beans to separate platters. Serve immediately.
Tips Brushing the olive oil marinade works best with a pastry brush, but you can also use sprigs of fresh herbs for extra flavor. Skewer stands are usually metal squares with spaces on which to rest the skewers. Store the cooked skewers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
NUTRITION PER 2 SKEWERS + ½ THE GREEN BEANS:
22g TOTAL FAT
6g NET CARBS
1g DIETARY FIBER