Spare ribs are a fantastic cut of beef to marinate in garlic and ginger. This creates an Asian-inspired beef rib taste that’s perfect for the ketogenic diet.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 20 mins
MAKES 4 ribs
SERVING SIZE 1 spare rib
1 tbsp tamari (or gluten-free soy sauce)
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp ground ginger
3 large garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp Chinese five-spice blend
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
4 large spare ribs (2lb [1kg])
1. In a large bowl, combine the tamari, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, Chinese five-spice blend, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
2. Place the spare ribs in the bowl and coat generously with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
3. Set the air fryer temp to 350°F (175°C).
4. Place the spare ribs meat side up in the fryer basket. Use a pastry brush or sprigs of fresh herbs to marinade the meat. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 170°F (80°C), about 20 minutes.
5. Transfer the spare ribs to a platter. Serve immediately with your favorite sides.
Tips If the beef ribs are a little too rare for your liking closer to the bone, I suggest using a sharp knife to remove the beef from the bone and cook that in the air fryer for 5 minutes more or until your preferred level of doneness is achieved. Store the cooked ribs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
NUTRITION PER 1 SPARE RIB:
56g TOTAL FAT
1g NET CARBS
1g DIETARY FIBER