Cauliflower is a versatile staple of the keto kitchen. This recipe shows you how to turn this vegetable into the best-tasting fried rice.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 10 mins
MAKES 4 cups
SERVING SIZE 1 cup
1 tbsp salted butter
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ large head of cauliflower, riced (about 5 cups)
2 tbsp tamari (or gluten-free soy sauce)
1 large egg, whisked
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
¼ cup green onions, tops only, sliced
1. Set the air fryer temp to 400°F (200°C).
2. Place the butter, olive oil, and garlic on a baking pan. Place the pan in the fryer basket and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the fryer basket. Add the cauliflower and mix well to evenly coat the cauliflower.
3. Return the pan to the fryer basket and cook until the cauliflower softens, about 5 minutes more, stirring every 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the fryer basket.
4. Add the soy sauce, egg, sesame seed oil, and green onions. Stir well. Return the pan to the fryer basket and cook until the cauliflower is soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes more.
5. Remove the pan from the fryer basket and allow the rice to cool for 2 minutes. Squeeze a little lemon juice over the top before serving.
Tips Diced bacon also goes well with this recipe. Store the fried rice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
NUTRITION PER 1 CUP:
14g TOTAL FAT
4g NET CARBS
3g DIETARY FIBER