Originating from France’s southern coast, ratatouille is a stewed vegetable dish made with fresh summer vegetables and plenty of rich olive oil and herbs.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 30 mins
MAKES 6 cups
SERVING SIZE 1 cup
½ large eggplant (aubergine), roughly chopped
1 zucchini, roughly chopped
½ red bell pepper, seeds removed, chopped
½ red onion, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1¼ cups canned crushed tomatoes
2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp sea salt, plus more
½ tsp ground black pepper, plus more
1. Set the air fryer temp to 360°F (180°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, red onion, and olive oil. Mix well to coat. Place the vegetables on a baking pan.
3. Place the pan in the air fryer and cook until the eggplant is a little soft and the onion is fragrant, about 10 minutes, mixing halfway through to get even browning. Remove the pan from the fryer basket.
4. Add the garlic, canned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper to the pan. Mix well until combined. Return the pan to the fryer basket and cook until the tomato liquid has reduced, about 15 minutes more, stirring every 5 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the fryer basket and allow the ratatouille to cool for 3 minutes. Spoon the ratatouille into bowls and season with more salt and pepper before serving.
Tips Ratatouille pairs well with any kind of roasted meat, especially seared chicken. You can also top it with a little crumbled goat cheese and enjoy it on a slice of keto toast to really indulge. Store the cooked ratatouille in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
NUTRITION PER 1 CUP:
8g TOTAL FAT
8g NET CARBS
5g DIETARY FIBER