These fries will impress keto enthusiasts who love crunchy and creamy textures in one bite. Using pork rinds will help you give this dish that crispy quality.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 20 mins
MAKES 1 avocado
SERVING SIZE ¼ avocado
1 tbsp olive oil mayonnaise
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 large egg
½ cup pork panko breadcrumbs (or ground pork crackle)
1 ripe but firm avocado, sliced
¼ lemon, sliced
1. Set the air fryer temp to 400°F (200°C). Spray the fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and mustard. Place the sauce in a dipping bowl and set aside.
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk the egg. Place the pork panko breadcrumbs in another small bowl. Dip the avocado slices in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Ensure an even coating.
4. Working in batches, place half the avocado in the fryer basket and cook until the breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
5. Remove the fries from the fryer basket. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce and lemon slices.
Tip These avocado fries are best eaten fresh—they’ll go soggy if stored in the fridge.
NUTRITION PER ¼ AVOCADO:
13g TOTAL FAT
1g NET CARBS
2g DIETARY FIBER