TIME: 35 MINUTES, PLUS 20 MINUTES TO COOL
MAKES: 12OZ (340G)
SERVES: 6–8 SERVINGS
The jungle peanut is a wild superfood that grows in Brazil and is not genetically modified like many commercially grown peanuts. It makes an amazing peanut brittle—especially when infused with CBD.
1 cup (100g) turbinado or jaggery sugar
1⁄2 cup (120ml) water
1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
1⁄2 (1g) tsp salt
2 tbsp (30ml) ghee
6–8 servings of CBD oil, but no more than 2 tsp (10ml) total
1⁄2 tsp (1g) baking powder
1–11⁄2 cups (165g) raw wild jungle peanuts
1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, vanilla, and salt. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
2. Clip a candy thermometer to the pan and continue to cook on medium-low until the sugar mixture reaches 300°F (149°C), about 30 minutes. Turn off the heat immediately and remove from the stove.
3. Add the ghee, CBD oil, and baking powder to the sugar mixture and stir. Finally, add the peanuts, and fold these in quickly.
4. On a work surface (or baking sheet) that has been lined with parchment, turn out the mixture and spread evenly. Allow it to harden.
5. Break the brittle into the serving size you desire and store any leftovers in an airtight container. Consume within 1 month for best flavor.