Quiche Lorraine is a French savory custard-filled tart with bacon and cheese, but this version also uses ham for the crust instead of a wheat base.
PREP TIME 7 mins
COOK TIME 17 mins
MAKES 1 quiche
SERVING SIZE ½ quiche
2 slices of bacon (3oz [90g])
6 slices of ham (3oz [90g])
2 large eggs
½ cup heavy whipping cream
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ cup plus ¼ cup grated
1. Set the air fryer temp to 350°F (175°C).
2. Place the bacon in the fryer basket and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a plate to cool. Cut the bacon into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Cover the bottom of an 8-inch (20cm) baking dish with the ham by placing the slices in a circular motion. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs. Add the whipping cream, paprika, nutmeg, and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
5. Place a few pieces of bacon and the ½ cup of Cheddar cheese evenly on top of the ham. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of Cheddar cheese evenly over the egg mixture and top with the remaining bacon.
6. Place the dish in an aluminum foil sling and use the sling to place the dish in the fryer basket. Cook until the quiche is cooked all the way through, about 12 minutes. (Poke the middle and ensure the eggs feel cooked and not watery).
7. Remove the dish from the fryer basket and allow the quiche to cool for 5 minutes. Divide the quiche in half before serving.
Tips Make sure the ham covers the entire baking dish so the quiche doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Add additional ham if you run out of coverage. Store the cooked quiche in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
NUTRITION PER ½ QUICHE:
5g NET CARBS
1g DIETARY FIBER