Lemon and blueberry combine in a sweet but healthy muffin for the perfect on-the-go breakfast. You’ll love that these are portable and taste great warm or cold.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 15 mins
MAKES 7 muffins
SERVING SIZE 1 muffin
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
¼ tsp liquid stevia
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp olive oil
21 blueberries (about ⅓ cup)
1. Set the air fryer temp to 320°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour and baking powder. Mix well to ensure the baking powder is evenly distributed.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest and juice, stevia, and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and mix well.
4. Coat 7 silicone muffin liners with the olive oil. (Or use a large round silicone muffin tray. Using your index finger is the easiest way to spread the oil.) Fill each liner with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the muffin mixture and ensure the liners are evenly filled. Place 3 blueberries on top of each muffin mixture. Press the blueberries down until they’re level with the mixture.
5. Place the muffin liners in the fryer basket. Ensure they’re level and not squished from the sides. Bake until the tops have started to brown, about 17 minutes.
6. Remove the muffin liners from the fryer basket and allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips Placing the muffin liners on a flat surface in the air fryer is important to getting nice-looking muffins. I placed the liners on a pizza pan and placed the pan in the fryer basket with an aluminum foil sling. Store the cooled muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days and in the freezer for up to 1 month.
NUTRITION PER 1 MUFFIN:
5g NET CARBS
3g DIETARY FIBER