This delightful hash will give you a boost in thiamine, helping your cells convert food into energy, as well as selenium for healthy antioxidant function.
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 10 mins
MAKES 1 breakfast hash
SERVING SIZE ½ breakfast hash
1 large red bell pepper, cubed
½ medium yellow or brown onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
5oz (140g) chorizo sausage, sliced
4 large eggs
1. Set the air fryer temp to 400°F (200°C).
2. Place the bell pepper, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a baking dish. Mix until the vegetables are well coated. Place the chorizo on top. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
3. Place the dish in the fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes.
4. Remove the dish from the fryer basket and make 4 holes in the mixture. Crack an egg into each hole.
5. Return the dish to the fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes or until the eggs are done to your liking.
6. Remove the dish from the fryer basket and allow the hash to cool for 5 minutes. Divide the hash in half before serving.
Tips If the power of your air fryer is less than 1750W, you might need to cook the eggs for a little longer to ensure the egg whites are white and cooked through. Store the cooked hash in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
NUTRITION PER 1 SERVING:
3g NET CARBS
3g DIETARY FIBER