Egg cups are a perfect portable breakfast option. Make a few batches for a nutritious breakfast you can reheat at work or eat as a super simple snack.
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 16 mins
MAKES 7 egg cups
SERVING SIZE 1 egg cup
1 tsp olive oil
5 large eggs
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
3 medium white cap mushrooms (3oz [90g]), sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, cubed
½ cup grated Cheddar cheese
1. Set the air fryer temp to 350°F (175°C).
2. Coat 7 muffin liners with the olive oil. (Or use a large round silicone muffin tray. Using your index finger is the easiest way to spread the oil.)
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, paprika, salt, and pepper. Place an equal amount of mushrooms, bell pepper, and Cheddar cheese in each liner. Fill each liner with the egg mixture.
4. Place the muffin liners in the fryer basket. Ensure they’re level and not squished from the sides. Cook until the tops are darker in color and there’s no movement or any uncooked egg mixture visible when lifted from the sides, about 16 minutes.
5. Remove the muffin liners from the fryer basket and allow the egg cups to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips Ensure the egg cups are cooked through before letting them cool. You can do this easily by pressing down on the edge of each egg cup to see if any liquid egg is below the surface. Place them back in the fryer basket for additional time if this is the case. Store the cooled egg cups in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
NUTRITION PER 1 EGG CUP:
1g NET CARBS
1g DIETARY FIBER