Why use regular bread when you can use sausage as the bread? This easy-to-make sandwich is perfect paired with a side of black coffee.
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 15 mins
MAKES 2 sandwiches
SERVING SIZE 1 sandwich
9oz (255g) ground sausage
2 large eggs
½ large avocado, sliced
2 slices of Cheddar cheese (1oz [30g])
2 tsp mustard
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1. Set the air fryer temp to 350°F (175°C). Spray 2 egg rings with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Use clean hands to form the ground sausage into 4 large patties.
3. Place the patties in the fryer basket and cook until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
4. Transfer the patties to a platter and set aside.
5. Place the egg rings on a baking dish. Place 1 egg in each ring.
6. Place the dish in the fryer basket and cook until the eggs have hard whites and slightly runny yolks or they’re cooked to your liking, about 5 minutes.
7. Transfer each egg to a sausage patty. Top each egg with half the avocado and 1 slice of cheese.
8. Cover one side of each remaining patty with 1 teaspoon of mustard. Season each patty with equal amounts of salt and pepper. Place each patty on top of each egg, avocado, and cheese stack. Serve immediately.
Tips Making the sausage patties slightly larger than the egg rings is the key to a well-stacked breakfast sandwich. Store the cooked sandwiches in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
NUTRITION PER 1 SANDWICH:
55g TOTAL FAT
8g NET CARBS
2g DIETARY FIBER