This bake combines the flavors of whipping cream, bacon, and eggs with the fiber of cauliflower to give this dish more volume to keep you feeling satisfied.
PREP TIME 7 mins
COOK TIME 23 mins
MAKES 6 cups
SERVING SIZE ½ cup
2 slices of bacon
4 large eggs
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups cauliflower rice (10oz [285g])
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese, divided
1 tsp salted butter
1. Set the air fryer temp to 350°F (175°C).
2. Place the bacon in the fryer basket and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon from the air fryer. Dice and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, paprika, salt, pepper, chicken stock cube, and whipping cream. Add the cauliflower rice and ½ cup of Cheddar cheese. Mix well.
4. Coat a high-sided 8.5-inch (22cm) baking pan with the butter. Place the cauliflower mixture in the pan and top with the remaining ½ cup of Cheddar cheese.
5. Place the pan in the fryer basket and cook for 17 minutes. Check for doneness by using a knife to poke the sides of the dish to ensure no uncooked egg mixture is underneath the top layer. Use a skewer to poke the middle to ensure there’s no uncooked egg mixture.
6. Remove the pan from the fryer basket and divide the bake into 6 portions before serving.
Tips If your baking pan doesn’t have handles, you can use an aluminum foil sling to place the pan in the fryer basket. Store the cooked cauliflower bake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
NUTRITION PER ½ CUP:
9g TOTAL FAT
2g NET CARBS
1g DIETARY FIBER