with Fennel Salad
Salmon and fennel are two flavors that complement each other well. This dish is a tasty and fresh main meal perfect for the warmer months of the year.
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 10 mins
MAKES 4 salmon fillets
SERVING SIZE 1 salmon fillet + ¾ cup greens + 1¼ tablespoons dressing
4 skin-on salmon fillets (14oz [400g])
4oz (120g) fennel bulb, sliced
3 cups mixed lettuce greens
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1. Set the air fryer temp to 400°F (200°C). Spray the fryer basket with avocado oil.
2. Place the salmon skin side up in the fryer basket and cook until the skin is crispy, light pink all the way around, and flakes easily, about 10 minutes.
3. Use a mandoline or knife to cut the fennel bulb into thin slices. Place the slices and the mixed greens in a large bowl.
4. In a small container, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake until the vinegar has emulsified with the oil. Drizzle over the mixed greens and fennel. Toss well to coat.
5. Transfer the salmon to a platter and serve with the mixed greens.
Tips If you don’t like the anise flavor of fennel, use small slices of celery instead to achieve a similar texture and crunch. Store the cooked salmon in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Store the salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
NUTRITION PER 1 SALMON FILLET + ¾ CUP GREENS + 1¼ TABLESPOONS DRESSING:
22g TOTAL FAT
2g NET CARBS
2g DIETARY FIBER