Crispy homemade chicken nuggets are easy to make with an air fryer. This recipe uses coconut flour—instead of typical breading—to create a crispy exterior.
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 20 mins
MAKES 16 nuggets
SERVING SIZE 8 nuggets
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1lb [450g])
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp olive oil
¼ cup coconut flour
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 large egg
1. Set the air fryer temp to 400°F (200°C). Spray the fryer basket with olive oil.
2. Cut the chicken breasts into 16 nugget-sized chunks. Use paper towels to dry the chicken as much as possible.
3. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, salt, and olive oil. Mix well to coat. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, ginger, and parsley. Mix until uniform in color.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Dip each nugget in the egg and then in the coconut flour. Ensure an even coating on each nugget.
6. Working in batches, place 8 nuggets in the fryer basket and cook until firm, about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. (Ensure the nuggets don’t touch so they get extra crispy.)
7. Transfer the nuggets to a platter and serve immediately.
Tips Store the cooked nuggets in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
NUTRITION PER 8 NUGGETS:
17g TOTAL FAT
2g NET CARBS
2g DIETARY FIBER