This combination of garlic, butter, and Worcestershire sauce is just begging to be paired with steak and will undoubtedly become a staple in your household.
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 7 to 10 mins
MAKES 2 steaks
SERVING SIZE 1 steak + ½ the compound butter
3oz (90g) salted butter, softened
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp sea salt, divided
2 sirloin strip steaks (7oz [200g])
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1. In a medium bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Mix well. Place the garlic butter mixture into a small section of plastic wrap and roll into a small log. Freeze for 20 minutes.
2. Set the air fryer temp to 350°F (175°C).
3. Season the steaks with pepper and the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt. Rub the steaks with the olive oil.
4. Place the steaks in the fryer basket and cook until the fat has rendered and the outsides are brown, about 6½ minutes for medium and 10 minutes for well done.
5. Transfer the steaks to a platter and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Slice the steaks and the garlic butter. Top each steak with half the garlic butter before serving.
Tips Because air fryers have varying degrees of power, follow the guidelines in your air fryer’s manual for cooking steak to the particular level of doneness you desire (rare, medium rare, etc.) (The air fryer used for this recipe is 1750W [very powerful].)
NUTRITION PER 1 STEAK + ½ COMPOUND BUTTER:
36g TOTAL FAT
1g NET CARBS
0g DIETARY FIBER