Almond flour and whey protein powder—with a hint of paprika—create a crunchy outer coating for fish. Pair this dish with a dry white wine.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 30 mins
MAKES 10oz (285g)
SERVING SIZE 5oz (140g)
1 large egg
½ cup almond flour
2 tbsp unflavored whey protein powder
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp dried dill
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
9oz (255g) boneless fish fillets (cod, flake, or basa)
1. Set the air fryer temp to 360°F (180°C). Spray the fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, protein powder, paprika, dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Pat the fish dry with paper towels. Dip the fish in the egg and then in the flour mixture. Ensure the fish is well coated.
4. Working in batches, place half the fish in the fryer basket and cook until lightly golden on the outside, about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
5. Remove the fish from the fryer basket and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Squeeze a little lemon juice over the fish before serving.
Tips Make a quick aioli in a small bowl by combining 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, and 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Store the cooked fish in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
NUTRITION PER 5oz (140g):
17g TOTAL FAT
3g NET CARBS
3g DIETARY FIBER