Chips made from Brussels sprouts are the ultimate side dish. Covered in salt, these cruciferous bites are the ideal vegetable to eat for a healthy lifestyle.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 5 mins
MAKES 1 cup
SERVING SIZE ½ cup
8 Brussels sprouts (3oz [90g])
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
½ tsp salt
½ tsp dried thyme
1. Set the air fryer temp to 360°F (180°C).
2. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half and slice through the base at a 45-degree angle. This allows you to remove the layers of the sprouts so they resemble chips.
3. In a large bowl, combine the sprouts, coconut oil, salt, and thyme. Mix well.
4. Place the sprouts in the fryer basket and cook until the chips are crispy and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the chips to a plate and squeeze a little lemon juice over the top before serving.
Tips Feel free to use any oil you prefer because not everyone enjoys cooking with coconut oil. Olive oil, ghee, and avocado oil are all fantastic substitutes and are just as healthy. Store the cooked chips in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
NUTRITION PER ½ CUP:
14g TOTAL FAT
5g NET CARBS
3g DIETARY FIBER