with Pine Nuts
This side dish merges Broccolini and aromatic pine nuts covered in an Asian-style balsamic dressing. This dish pairs well with chicken or fish.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 15 mins
MAKES 1 bunch
SERVING SIZE ½ bunch Broccolini + 2 tablespoons pine nuts
¼ cup pine nuts
1 bunch of Broccolini (6oz [170g])
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp sesame seed oil
1. Set the air fryer temp to 360°F (180°C).
2. Place the pine nuts on a baking pan. Place the pan in the fryer basket and toast until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the fryer basket and set aside.
3. Cut off any overly woody ends from the Broccolini. Slice those woody sections into thin strips. In a large bowl, combine the Broccolini, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rice vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
4. Place the Broccolini in the fryer basket and cook until the stems are soft and the florets are crispy, about 7 minutes, mixing halfway through to ensure the florets don’t burn.
5. Remove the Broccolini from the fryer basket. Top with the roasted pine nuts and sesame seed oil. Squeeze a little lemon juice over the top before serving.
Tips If you don’t have rice vinegar, simply use half the amount of regular vinegar. Store the cooked Broccolini in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
NUTRITION PER ½ BUNCH OF BROCCOLINI + 2 TABLESPOONS PINE NUTS:
20g TOTAL FAT
4g NET CARBS
6g DIETARY FIBER