This zesty creamed spinach might not be your traditional take on this recipe, but it’s one I’ve made for years and have adapted for the air fryer.
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 13 mins
MAKES 1 cup
SERVING SIZE ¼ cup
1 tbsp salted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ tsp sea salt, plus more
¼ tsp ground black pepper, plus more
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
3 cups fresh organic spinach, washed, divided
1. Set the air fryer temp to 360°F (180°C).
2. Place the butter, garlic, salt, and pepper on a rimmed baking pan. Place the pan in the fryer basket and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the fryer basket.
3. Add the whipping cream, apple cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard. Mix well.
4. Place 1 cup of spinach on the pan and mix, covering with as much of the cream mixture as possible. Return the pan to the fryer basket and cook until the spinach has begun to wilt, about 3 minutes more. Repeat this step with the remaining spinach until all the spinach has been added. Cook until the spinach has cooked and the cream has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes more.
5. Remove the pan from the fryer basket and transfer the creamed spinach to a serving bowl. Top with more salt and pepper (if using) before serving.
Tips Spinach often gets sprayed with a lot of chemicals when it’s grown commercially, so if you can afford organic spinach, this is definitely a healthy option and often the best use of your money when it comes to buying organic vegetables. Store the cooked spinach in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
NUTRITION PER ¼ CUP:
11g TOTAL FAT
2g NET CARBS
2g DIETARY FIBER