Celebrate zucchini with a delightful mix of Cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions. This is a great way to add vegetables to your diet without much effort.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 15 mins
MAKES 2 zucchini
SERVING SIZE 1 zucchini
2 large zucchini
2 thin slices of bacon
½ cup grated Cheddar cheese
2 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp chopped green onions
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1. Set the air fryer temp to 360°F (180°C).
2. Cut the zucchini in half and remove the seeds using a spoon. Cut the zucchini into 2-inch (5cm) pieces.
3. Place the zucchini skin side down in the fryer basket and cook until slightly soft, about 5 minutes. Remove the zucchini from the fryer basket and set aside.
4. Place the bacon in the fryer basket and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon from the fryer basket and dice into small pieces.
5. In a medium bowl, combine the Cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions, paprika, pepper, and bacon. Place an equal amount of the mixture on each zucchini. Place the zucchini on a baking pan.
6. Place the pan in the fryer basket and cook until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the fryer basket and allow the zucchini to cool for 2 minutes before serving.
Tips This can be a side dish to a delicious seafood main meal or it can even be a main dish accompanied with a big summer salad. Store the cooked zucchini in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
NUTRITION PER 1 ZUCCHINI:
20g TOTAL FAT
9g NET CARBS
3g DIETARY FIBER