Zucchini rounds are super easy to make because they require no breading, egg wash, or other complications. Top these with any kind of herb seasoning you love.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 20 mins
MAKES ¾ cup
SERVING SIZE ¾ cup
1 large zucchini
¼ tsp sea salt, plus more
1 tsp olive oil
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1. Set the air fryer temp to 360°F (180°C).
2. Use a mandoline or sharp knife to cut the zucchini into ⅛-inch (3mm) rounds. Place the zucchini and salt in a large bowl. Mix to coat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Place the zucchini on a plate lined with paper towels. Use more paper towels to press down to remove all the excess liquid from the zucchini. Try to get them as dry as possible.
4. In a clean large bowl, combine the zucchini and olive oil. Mix well to coat.
5. Working in batches, place half the zucchini in the fryer basket and cook until crispy, about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
6. Remove the rounds from the fryer basket and allow to cool slightly. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Tips If you’re looking for suggestions, everything bagel seasoning is delicious on these chips. A sugar-free rib rub can also be a winner. The cooked zucchini is best eaten fresh.
NUTRITION PER ¾ CUP:
6g TOTAL FAT
6g NET CARBS
4g DIETARY FIBER