37Zero to Genetic Engineering Hero - Chapter 1 - Isolating DNA, the Blueprints of Life
1. What does a surfactant do?
2. Why do you break the strawberry apart into separate cells
3. What is precipitation? Find another analogy to explain precipitation.
6. Explain the chemical property differences between water and isopropyl alcohol.
7. What is a chelator? Why is one used in this exercise?
Book _genetic engineering hero-AUG2021.indb 37Book _genetic engineering hero-AUG2021.indb 37 8/18/21 12:03 PM8/18/21 12:03 PM
38 Zero to Genetic Engineering Hero - Chapter 1 - Isolating DNA, the Blueprints of Life
1. What are the four different macromolecules?
2. What does DNA stand for?
3. Is DNA a permanent molecule? Explain.
4. What are the four nitrogenous base names?
5. What is the difference between a chromosome and a plasmid?
6. Who is Chargaff and what did he discover?
7. What is the DNA backbone? What is it made of?
8. What is a gene?
Book _genetic engineering hero-AUG2021.indb 38Book _genetic engineering hero-AUG2021.indb 38 8/18/21 12:03 PM8/18/21 12:03 PM
..................Content has been hidden....................
You can't read the all page of ebook, please click here
login for view all page.