Almonds contain healthy fats, fiber, protein, vitamin E, and magnesium. Plus, quite honestly, they seem to taste better when roasted in an air fryer!
PREP TIME 20 mins
COOK TIME 10 mins
MAKES 1¼ cups
SERVING SIZE 1 tablespoon
2 cups raw almonds (10oz [285g])
3 tbsp coconut oil
½ tsp sea salt
1. Set the air fryer temp to 360°F (180°C).
2. Place the almonds on a baking pan. Place the pan in the fryer basket and roast until the almonds have turned golden and feel slightly oily to the touch, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the fryer basket and allow the almonds to cool for 20 minutes.
4. Place the almonds in a food processor and blend on high until a paste begins to form. Add the coconut oil and salt. Continue to blend until smooth.
5. Transfer the butter to a jar. Refrigerate for a thicker butter.
Tips Because the coconut oil can find its way to the top of the jar during storage, be sure to give the oil on top of the butter a quick mix through so you have a consistent flavor all the way through the jar. Store the jar in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks.
NUTRITION PER 1 TABLESPOON:
8g TOTAL FAT
1g NET CARBS
2g DIETARY FIBER