This simple yet delicious recipe uses a chicken breast as a base covered in pizza toppings. Make any style of pizza you desire, but this pepperoni one is my favorite.
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 15 mins
MAKES 6 fillet pizzas
SERVING SIZE 2 fillet pizzas
3 medium skinless chicken breasts (12oz [340g])
½ cup passata sauce (seedless tomato purée)
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp dried parsley
½ tsp dried basil
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
12 slices of pepperoni
½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
1. Set the air fryer temp to 350°F (175°C).
2. Place the chicken in the fryer basket and cook until lightly cooked and opaque, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken from the fryer basket and slice the chicken horizontally to divide each breast in half to form fillets.
4. In a small bowl, combine the passata sauce, garlic powder, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Spoon this mixture over the cooked side of each chicken fillet. Top each fillet with 2 pepperoni slices and an equal amount of mozzarella.
5. Working in batches, place 3 fillets in the fryer basket, leaving ample room for hot air to circulate. Cook until the cheese has melted and the pepperoni becomes slightly crispy, about 5 minutes.
6. Transfer the fillet pizzas to a platter and serve immediately.
Tips Get creative with different toppings or attempt to make your favorite style of pizza using the chicken and tomato base as a starter. Store the cooked fillet pizzas in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
NUTRITION PER 2 FILLET PIZZAS:
20g TOTAL FAT
3g NET CARBS
1g DIETARY FIBER